Hartland Estate in Ubud, Bali
Villa Hartland Estate is nestled into the slopes of Ubud’s scenic Sayan Ridge and overlooking a patchwork of rice paddies beside the Ayung River lies Bali’s latest work of art – a thoughtfully conceived and charmingly executed Luxury 5 bedroom Luxury Bali Retreat – only a 7 minute drive from the centre of Ubud.
Carefully set into the landscape around the 6,000 square meter Estate by celebrated architect Yew Kuan (Como Shambhala Estate), Villa Hartland Estate offers 3 one-bedroom and 1 two-bedroom comfortable and beautifully furnished air-conditioned Suites. Each Suite has its own private space and extensive garden surrounding it. Three Suites are made from reclaimed teak houses – a “Joglo”, a Java house and a “Gladak”. Each grass–roofed Suite features a spacious double bedroom, luxurious bathroom and a large wooden deck with an outdoor lounging area and open spaces for early morning Yoga or Meditation. The downstairs bathroom of the Joglo Suite is more than spacious and features a unique shower – which leaves one breathless with admiration – and its own wooden deck overlooking the valley. Spectacular!
The fourth Suite, “Marian’s Cottage” – is a two-bedroom stucco cottage with a large Living and Dining Verandah leading off the Master Bedroom. A smaller Double Bedroom interconnects. Both bedrooms have their own private garden bathroom and separate entrances. The Double Bedroom also has a private patio with table and chairs overlooking the verdant tropical gardens.
Villa Hartland Estate boasts not one but TWO dining areas! To the rear of the Suites one finds a full kitchen and cosy, comfortable open-air dining room, whilst a separate Dining Pavilion sits atop the Pool House offering spectacular views across the river to the rice fields and the mountains beyond, and to the sunset and the distant ocean. A smaller but fully equipped kitchen adjoins, whilst the Pool House below houses shower, bathroom and dressing room. The Dining Table and Benches in this Pavilion have been hand-made on the property from large pieces of old buried teak. In fact, almost all of the furniture has been hand-made on site from reclaimed teak or old ulin (iron wood) by Javanese artisans. The unique stone featured in the Pool House and some bathrooms comes from the island of Sumba.
Two Meditation Gazebos are located in secluded spots further down the hillside towards the organic vegetable and herb gardens. They are fan-cooled with large comfortable couches, mosquito nets and, of course, amazing views!
The private villa property also boasts its own pure natural spring from which cool water is pumped up for the pool, the organic vegetable and herb gardens and for household use.
|Location||Ubud, Bali – Indonesia|
|Bedroom||5 bedrooms, sleeps max of 10 people|
|Bathroom||5 ensuite garden bathrooms|
|Swimming pool||26 metre salt water infinity pool|
|Entertainment||TV Satellite/ Cable, Stereo & DVD Player|
|Facilities||Dining Pavilions, Large Meditation Gazebos|
Rates are subject to 15.5% Tax & Service
|Low Season||USD 1,170.00||3 nights|
|High Season||USD 1,500.00||5 nights||
|Peak Season||USD 1,750.00||7 nights|
- Rates include 2 guests per bedroom
- 10% discount for stays of 14 nights or more
- Check in time: 14.00 PM – Check Out Time: 11.00 AM
- A surcharge of 50% of the daily rate is applied for check-out from 11:00 am until 6:00 pm and full one daily rate if
check-out after 6:00 pm.
- For rentals where the Arrival Date is 61 days or more after the Booking Invoice issue date, a Booking Deposit of 50% of the rental amount must be paid.
- For rentals where the Arrival Date is 60 days or less after the Booking Invoice issue date, the total rental amount (100%) must be paid as a Booking Deposit.
- Where a 50% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 50% balance of the rental amount not less than 60 days before the Arrival Date stated on the booking invoice
Additional Service available at an extra cost:
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Food/Beverages shopping service based on cost of groceries +20%
- The staff at the Property may accommodate any reasonable requests to purchase food and drinks on the Guest’s behalf, and this will be charged to the Guest.