Haweri Estate in Sumba
On the headland of famed Nihi Resort on the isalnd of Sumba, Indonesia lies Haweri, a 5-bedroom private estate. For centuries Haweri’s secluded site has been revered and protected by the Sumbanese people. Ha-Weri – (Sumbanese i.e. – sacred – guarded – protected) Haweri Estate is the focal point of positive energy, a place of exceptional beauty that is nearly surrounded by the sea and backed by pristine tropical jungle.
Throughout the property are Sumba megaliths and very special buffalo horns part of Haweri Sumba artefacts collection. The five acre estate comprises of five individual villas decorated with Indonesian antiques and some of the best examples of Sumba artefacts, jewellery and weavings. There are two large swimming pools, a ten person jacuzzi, a oceanside meditation pavilion, a secluded bamboo beach pavilion situated above a private beach, and a spectacular living and dining room perched on a hilltop overlooking the surf and the sea surrounding it. For those seeking absolute privacy surrounded by nature at its best, this is the place to be.
On the hilltop is the open air dining, living and entertaining pavilion (277 m2) with a fully equipped guest kitchen, fire place and two outdoor decks offering stunning views in all directions. Below are the swimming pools and the villas, each individually designed and positioned to maximize the beautiful views in all directions; giving a very different perspective to all of the incredible Nihiwatu property.
There is the Main Villa topped with a tall traditional Sumba style roof (325 m2) with its 23 meter infinity pool and jacuzzi just steps from the bed room right on the ocean. The Main Villa offers a large ensuite bathrooms with air-conditioned vanity area, outdoor shower and bathtub and semi outdoor sower and toilet. The Main Villa offers a modern style large bedroom and by a sliding door separated adjacent TV lounge room that can be converted into an additional bedroom for children. The Surf Suite (91 m2) that is just meters above the crashing waves below and without a doubt having the very best view of the spectacular Nihi surf straight in front. In April of 2019 the Surf Suite will have its private infinity swimming pool and dining pavilion surrounded by a large wooden deck. The spectacular hilltop Pool Suite, offers its own plunge pool, (108 m2) and overlooks the ever-changing Haweri cove and beach and two incredible Pinnacles- The Guardians. The Jungle Suite (125 m2) is tugged away at the edge of the forest with views to the Pinnacles in the cove to the south and the surf and sunsets to the west. And then there is the incredible two storied Tree House (219 m2) in the forest and right over the private Haweri beach with the upstairs tree tops bedroom and bathroom and downstairs large private living and dining area.
|Location||Sumba – Indonesia|
|Bedroom||5 bedrooms, sleeps max of 10 people|
|Swimming pool||23 meter infinity pool|
|Entertainment||TV Satellite/ Cable, Stereo & DVD Player, IPOD Dock/Speakers|
|Facilities||Baby Cot & High Chair, Jacuzzi, Yoga Area|
|Low Season||USD 2,845.00||USD 3,895.00||USD 4,745.00||USD 5,545.00||USD 6,545.00||3 nights|
|High Season||USD 4,095.00||USD 5,345.00||USD 6,545.00||USD 7,645.00||USD 9,245.00||
|Peak Season||USD 7,995.00||USD 8,345.00||USD 8,645.00||USD 9,295.00||USD 11,145.00||7 nights|
Rates are quoted in US Dollars per night and are subject to 21% tax & service charge
- Rates include 2 guests per bedroom
- Check in time: 14.00 PM – Check Out Time: 11.00 AM
- A surcharge of 50% of the daily rate is applied for check-out from 11:00 am until 6:00 pm and full one daily rate if
check-out after 6:00 pm.
- For rentals where the Arrival Date is 61 days or more after the Booking Invoice issue date, a Booking Deposit of 50% of the rental amount must be paid.
- For rentals where the Arrival Date is 60 days or less after the Booking Invoice issue date, the total rental amount (100%) must be paid as a Booking Deposit.
- Where a 50% deposit applies to the booking, the Guest must pay the remaining 50% balance of the rental amount not less than 60 days before the Arrival Date stated on the booking invoice
ROOM RATE INCLUSION
- Full access to all of Nhi Resort facilities and activities
- All meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning/afternoon snacks and all non-alcoholic beverages
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Mini Bar (1 full re-stock per day, including beers and spirits)
- Laundry (NB dry cleaning is not available at the resort)
- Scheduled excursions & activities on land: trips to Sumba Foundation Projects
- Activities by sea: stand-up paddle boarding and snorkelling around Nihi Sumba Island beach (when weather conditions permit)
- All guests can participate in our scheduled group yoga & meditation classes at the Yoga Pavilion
- Additional charges apply for Alcoholic Beverages, excursions, surf slots & certain additional activities & services offered by Nihi Resort.
Additional Service available at an extra cost:
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Food/Beverages shopping service based on cost of groceries +20%
- The staff at the Property may accommodate any reasonable requests to purchase food and drinks on the Guest’s behalf, and this will be charged to the Guest.